WoRMS Video Tutorials available on LifeWatch ERIC Training Platform
Last year, the WoRMS Data Management Team (DMT), which is supported by LifeWatch Belgium, created instruction videos for the WoRMS editors, to assist them in their online editing activities. Now, the WoRMS DMT has released a series of short tutorial videos specifically aimed at its users, which have also been made available on the LifeWatch ERIC Training Platform.
Are you sometimes a bit at a loss on how you can find species-related information through the WoRMS website? Maybe you are just curious on how you can efficiently search through the available distributions, specimens or literature in WoRMS? Or you want to match your own species list to WoRMS? Well, this series of 6 short tutorial videos – all under 10 minutes – will guide you through all these ‘how to…’ topics:
- How to search for taxa in WoRMS, through the quick, simple, and advanced search interfaces
- How to search for literature in WoRMS
- How to search for distributions in WoRMS
- How to search for specimens in WoRMS
- How to upload images and videos through the WoRMS photo gallery (both without and with login)
- How to match your taxa to WoRMS using the taxon match tool
Click here to access the videos on our Training Platform.
The creation of these tutorial videos fits under the WoRMS endorsed project within the UN Ocean Decade, where WoRMS continues to support not only scientists, but everyone who makes use of species names, including policy, industry and the public at large.
This news item has been adapted from a post on LifeWatch Belgium.