LifeWatch Portugal joined LifeWatch ERIC in 2019 and it contributes to LifeWatch ERIC through its National Distributed Centre.
LifeWatch Portugal is managed by PORBIOTA, the Portuguese e-Infrastructure for Information and Research on Biodiversity, which connects the main Portuguese research institutions working in biodiversity, ecosystem functions, and services, storing and managing biodiversity data. Aimed at fostering a national agenda for biodiversity research, it generates high-quality knowledge to meet societal challenges regarding sustainable development.
What We Do
PORBIOTA connects the main Portuguese research institutions working in biodiversity:
• Research Centre in Biodiversity and Genetic Resources;
• Associate Laboratory (BIOPOLIS/CIBIO-InBIO);
• cE3c-FCUL, LEAF-ISA and CEF-ISA, University of Lisbon;
• CESAM, University of Aveiro;
• MARE, University of Coimbra;
• Polytechnic Institute of Viana do Castelo;
and the country’s three main natural history museums:
• MUHNAC (University of Lisbon);
• MC (University of Coimbra);
• MHNC-UP (University of Porto).
It also includes the national governmental agency responsible for biodiversity conservation and sustainable use (ICNF), the Portuguese node for GBIF and the Portuguese Ecological Society (SPECO). PORBIOTA is listed in the Portuguese Roadmap of Research Infrastructures of strategic interest (RNIE), which includes LTsER Portugal, ICOS Portugal and Azores BIOPORTAL.
This leaflet presents the LifeWatch Portugal Distributed Centre, its main activities and organisational structure.
You can browse the leaflet online (full screen mode is available in the control bar) or download it by clicking on the three dots icon.