EXTENDED DEADLINE! Interested persons are invited to apply by 30 July by filling in the sign-up form here
When and where
25 – 29 September 2023, Lecce, Italy
The School is mainly aimed at IT architects, Research Infrastructure (RI) service developers and user support staff, and RI staff.
- Compare the most important approaches to
Semantic Web and Ontology Engineering, presenting their main characteristics
- Discuss the main steps of the design and
development of ontologies and semantic artifacts repositories
- Examine the most critical elements and
tools for designing thesauri
- Demonstrate how to annotate and query your
data in a Virtual Research Environment
- Create your Virtual Research Environment,
using tools such as NaaVRE
- Day 1 – Welcome
- Day 2 – Semantic Web and Ontology Engineering (Theory and Practice)
- Day 3 – Design Thesauri and Annotate your data (Theory and Practice)
- Day 4 – AI and Ontologies
- Day 5 – Closing
- Nicola Fiore, LifeWatch ERIC
- Armando Stellato, Tor Vergata University of Rome
- Manuel Fiorelli, Tor Vergata University of Rome
- Naouel Karam, InfAI, Leipzig University
- Zhiming Zhao, University of Amsterdam
- Yifang Shi, University of Amsterdam
- Gabriel Pelouze, LifeWatch ERIC
- Clement Jonquet, INRAE (MISTEA), University of Montpellier (LIRMM)
- Joaquín López Lérida, LifeWatch ERIC
- Mark Musen, Stanford University (TBC)
EXTENDED DEADLINE – Interested persons are invited to apply by 30 July by filling in the sign-up form here.
Participation is free, but registration is compulsory. Three grants are made available by LifeWatch ERIC to support applicants younger than 30 years. Successful candidates will be offered accommodation for the whole duration of the intensive school on the basis of their motivation letter and their curricula, while travel must be self-funded. LifeWatch ERIC is an equal opportunity organisation, and encourages all qualified candidates to apply, regardless of race, gender, age, national origin, or sexual orientation.
What to expect
You can find information about other Summer Schools on Data FAIRness previously organised by LifeWatch ERIC and the ENVRI Community on our Training & Education page.