12 Mendeleev Blvd.
Bulgaria joined LifeWatch ERIC in 2022.
LifeWatch Bulgaria is one of the eight Distributed Centres making up LifeWatch ERIC, the e-Science European Infrastructure Consortium which provides data resources, web services and Vital Research Environments (VREs) to biodiversity and ecosystem researchers.
The Agricultural University-Plovdiv is the official national scientific organisation that represents Bulgaria within LifeWatch ERIC.
What We Do
Information on the organisation, nature, composition and members of the LifeWatch Bulgaria RI can be found here.
LifeWatch Bulgaria is one of the eight national nodes making up LifeWatch ERIC, the e-Science European Infrastructure Consortium which provides data resources, web services and Vital Research Environments (VRE) to biodiversityand ecosystem researchers. The Agricultural University-Plovdiv is the official national scientific organisation representing LifeWatch Bulgaria.
LifeWatch Bulgaria is as a network of scientific and research organisations which provide solutions for the protection, investigation, and research of biodiversity.
LifeWatch Bulgaria carries out:
- Plant Health Infrastructure activities
- Research, involving laboratory/field testing and assessment
- Analysis and assessment of the impact of agricultural practices on biodiversity
- Analysing on ecosystem services and agroecology
- Advanced agrobiodiversity monitoring
- Analysis and assessment of environmental pressures
- Implementation of the ‘multi-actor approach’ engaging key stakeholders and experts for open-source collaboration
The members making up LifeWatch Bulgaria are PlantHealth and the partner institutions of this national research infrastructure, i.e., The Agricultural University-Plovdiv (coordinator), Trakia University – St. Zagora, the Forest Institute at the Bulgarian Academy of Science, the Faculty of Biology of Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski”, the Bulgarian Society for the Protection of Birds, and the Green Balkans Association.
The Members in the coordinating team of LifeWatch Bulgaria are:
- Diana Kuncheva
- Dafinka Grozdanova
- Professor Dr. Tatyana Bileva