12 Mendeleev Blvd.
Bulgaria joined LifeWatch ERIC in 2022.
LifeWatch Bulgaria is one of the eight Distributed Centres making up LifeWatch ERIC, the e-Science European Infrastructure Consortium which provides data resources, web services and Vital Research Environments (VREs) to biodiversity and ecosystem researchers.
The Agricultural University-Plovdiv is the official national scientific organisation that represents Bulgaria within LifeWatch ERIC.
What We Do
LifeWatch Bulgaria is one of the eight national nodes making up LifeWatch ERIC, the e-Science European Infrastructure Consortium which provides data resources, web services and Vital Research Environments (VRE) to biodiversityand ecosystem researchers. The Agricultural University-Plovdiv is the official national scientific organisation representing LifeWatch Bulgaria.
LifeWatch Bulgaria is as a network of scientific and research organisations which provide solutions for the protection, investigation, and research of biodiversity.
LifeWatch Bulgaria carries out:
- Plant Health Infrastructure activities
- Research, involving laboratory/field testing and assessment
- Analysis and assessment of the impact of agricultural practices on biodiversity
- Analysing on ecosystem services and agroecology
- Advanced agrobiodiversity monitoring
- Analysis and assessment of environmental pressures
- Implementation of the ‘multi-actor approach’ engaging key stakeholders and experts for open-source collaboration
The members making up LifeWatch Bulgaria are:
- PlantHealth and the partner institutions of this national research infrastructure, i.e., The Agricultural University-Plovdiv (ccordinator), Trakia University – St. Zagora and Forest Institute at the Bulgarian Academy of Science.
The Members in the coordinating team of LifeWatch Bulgaria are:
- Diana Kuncheva
- Dafinka Grozdanova
- Professor Dr. Tatyana Bileva