Last update: 1 February 2024
The LifeWatch ERIC Thematic Services, co-developed by the LifeWatch ERIC Common Facilities and National Distributed Centres, are a key component of the 2022-2026 Infrastructure Strategic Working Plan (SWP). They represent the key priority areas of eService construction in LifeWatch ERIC proposed by the National Distributed Centres.
Activities, developments and physical outcomes of the LifeWatch ERIC Thematic Services, as eServices, Virtual Labs (vLabs) and more complex and complete Virtual Research Environments (VREs), are planned to be coordinated by Thematic Service Working Groups participated by scientists from both the National Distributed Centres and the Common Facilities, with an overall coordination of the LifeWatch ERIC Service Centre.
The following main objectives are envisaged for the Working Groups:
- Enhance collaboration both between and within the Common Facilities and Distributed Centres;
- Review and update the mapping of the research needs of the National scientific communities regarding the Thematic Services and highlight the construction priorities;
- Promote and coordinate the participation of Distributed Centre research Institutions to Horizon Europe and other European/international projects, on behalf of and in collaboration with LifeWatch ERIC, in order to co-design and co-construct the priority services with other key actors in the biodiversity and ecosystem research landscape, including the relevant communities.
For the launch of Working Group constitution and the promotion of the activities and developments currently running on each LifeWatch ERIC Thematic Service, a series of LifeWatch ERIC Thematic Service Workshops have been co-organised by the LifeWatch ERIC National Distributed Centres and Common Facilities. Each Workshop is then locally organised by a LifeWatch ERIC National Distributed Centre, engaging the relevant national community, with the support of the Service Centre.
Workshops programme by Thematic Service
Click the Thematic Service for more information. The agenda will be updated with new workshops soon.
- Taxonomy | 30 January, Brussel, Belgium
- Ecological responses to climate change: implications on human well-being | 21-22 February, Lecce, Italy
- Animal Biology, Behavior and Biologging | 22 March, Ostend, Belgium
- Biogeography | 4-5 April, Bologna, Italy
- Biodiversity Observatory Automation | 11 April, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Habitat Mapping | 3 May, Aveiro, Portugal